All about Smartcards
This outlines the new process to be followed for both first time EPS smartcard applicants and existing EPS card holders
New Smartcard Applicants
In order for a Pharmacist/Technician/Dispenser to obtain a Smartcard for the first time they will need to follow the following steps:-
1. Download and complete ALL PARTS of the new CIS New User Form attached.
2. CIS New User Application Form must be signed by the applicant's Manager or Lead Pharmacist in the Manager Declaration Section.
3. When both sections of the form have been fully completed the applicant should contact the RA (Smartcard) Team to arrange a face to face meeting for ID checking, this will include having a photograph taken.
4. The Applicant must bring 3 forms of personal identification as set out below to this appointment as it is a Government requirement that all individuals issued with an NHS smartcard must have their identity confirmed to the requirements of e-GIF level 3.
The following options are acceptable as proof of identity;
- Option 1: Two forms of official photographic personal identification (passport, driving licence) and one document confirming your address (utility bill)
- Option 2: One form of photographic personal identification and two documents confirming your address
- Option 3: If you have no personal photographic identification, then you must bring:
- Two forms of non-photographic identification,
- Two documents confirming your address
- A passport-sized photograph of yourself (endorsed on the back by a ‘person of standing’ in the community – please check with the RA Team)
5. Failure to bring the correct form and ID will prevent the card being issued resulting in delay and the need for a further face-to-face meeting. If you are intending to use option 3 please phone the RA Smartcard Service before the meeting to make sure that you are bringing the correct documentation with you.
6. ID checking usually takes between 15-20mins, with appointments available on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 10.00-12.00 which are held in the CSU offices at Omega House, 112 Southampton Road, Eastleigh, Hampshire SO50 5PB.
Existing Smartcard Users
If you move premises and require your access modifying, your line manager/pharmacy manager will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: -
- Smartcard Number
- Current NACS (F code) and whether you wish to retain this access
- New NACS (F Code) of pharmacy you require access to
To contact the RA team please call 0300 561 0429, option 1 or email email@example.com